DMO Recruitment Guide – http://www.dmo.gov.ng
This guide covers all you need to know about the DMO Current Recruitment. With this Debt Management Office Recruitment guide, you will get to know about the functions of the Debt Management Office, the requirement, how to apply and other essential information on Debt Management Office recruitment this year.
Also covered in this guide is the DMO Recruitment Form, the DMO Recruitment portal, etc.
About Debt Management Office
The DMO was established on 4th October, 2000 to centrally coordinate the management of Nigeria’s debt, which was hitherto being done by a myriad of establishments in an uncoordinated fashion. This diffused debt management strategy led to inefficiencies. For instance, in the FMF alone, four different departments have functions for the management of external debt in the following format:
- External Finance Department: responsible for all Paris Club debts and for the management of public debt statistics;
- Multilateral Institutions Department: responsible for relationships with all multilateral institutions (excluding the African Development Bank and its subsidiaries such as ADF and the NTF, which is handled by the ABER Department). It is also responsible for managing and servicing multilateral debt;
- Africa and Bilateral Economic Relations (ABER) Department: responsible for liaising with the ADB and its subsidiaries, ECOWAS, and all non-Paris Club bilateral creditors;
- Treasury Department (OAGF): responsible for issuing mandate to the CBN for payment of all external debts;
- Foreign Exchange and Trade Relations Department: responsible for issuing reconfirmation for payment externalization to the CBN and for documenting repayment and servicing of external debts;
In the CBN, the following departments had some involvement with external debt management:
- Debt Management Department: responsible for the London Club debts consisting of trade debts, par bonds, and promissory notes;
- Debt Conversion Committee: responsible for managing various debt conversion options such as debt-for-debt, debt-for-equity, debt-for-export, debt-fornature, and debt-for-development; and
- Various departments: responsible for processing and effecting loan repayments on behalf of all the other agencies or departments of government listed above.
This diffusion in the management of public debt created fundamental problems, including the following:
Operational inefficiency and poor coordination;
- Inadequate debt data recording system and poor information flow across agencies with consequent inaccurate and incomplete debt records;
- Extreme difficulty in the verification of creditors’ claims due to conflicting figures from the various bodies handling the debt management function;
- Complicated and inefficient debt service arrangements, which created protracted payment procedure and often led to penalties that added to the nation’s debt stock;
- Inadequate manpower and poor incentive systems for the affected personnel, which affected outputs and performance;
- Lack of consistent well-defined borrowing policies and debt management strategies;
The consideration of these myriad problems led government to support the establishment of a relatively autonomous debt management office, which resulted in the formation of the DMO in October 2000. The need for the creation of a separate public debt management office was therefore aimed at achieving the following advantages:
- Good debt management practices that make positive impact on economic growth and national development, particularly in reducing debt stock and cost of public debt servicing in a manner that saves resources for investment in poverty reduction programs;
- Prudently raising financing to fund government deficits at affordable costs and manageable risks in the medium- and long-term;
- Achieving positive impact on overall macroeconomic management, including monetary and fiscal policies;
- Consciously avoiding debt crisis and achieving an orderly growth and development of the national economy;
- Improving the nation’s borrowing capacity and its ability to manage debt efficiently in promoting economic growth and national development;
- Projecting and promoting a good image of Nigeria as a disciplined and organized nation, capable of managing its assets and liabilities;
- Providing opportunity for professionalism and good practice in nation building;
Debt Management Office Management Team
- Director-General:Ms Patience Oniha
- Director, Special Assignments, Director-General’s Office: MijiAmidu
- Director, Organisational Resourcing Department: Hannatu Suleiman
- Director, Policy, Strategy and Risk Management Department: Joe Ugoala
- Director, Portfolio Management Department: OladeleAfolabi
- Head, Debt Recording and Settlement Department: Alfred Anukposi
- Head, Market Development Department: Monday Usiade
- Head, Strategic Programmes Department: Elizabeth Ekpenyong
DMO Academic Recruitment Requirements
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognized institution
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
- General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.
Related Post: How to Get a Job in Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP)
Other Things You Should Know about DMO Recruitment and Employment
Given the nature of work at the DMO, the organization normally initiates an intensive background investigation on all prospective applicants after they pass their interview process before they are given a conditional offer of any employment.
The investigation includes the following:
- A test for illegal drugs,
- Credit and records checks,
- A medical examination,
- Verification of all employment documents submitted to DMO by the candidate.
- Applicants must provide originals of HND, OND, NCE or B.Sc. degree in any discipline from recognized institutions.
- It’s mandatory to provide NECO/WAEC with two sittings (English should be included).
- Extensive interviews with former and current colleagues, teachers, business associates, neighbors, friends, etc.
- Applicants must be a Nigerian, either by birth or nationalization.
- All applicants must not older than 35.
- Your willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone is your greatest strength.
- Applicant must possess a valid means of identification, Such as a Voters card, driving license or international passport.
- Applicants may be required to take an online qualifying examination.
How to Apply for DMO Recruitment
The DMO conducts recruitment into its establishment every year.we are very optimistic that they will conduct for this year too.
Although the Debt management Office Recruitment form for this year is not yet out as at the time of compiling this article, understand that registration for the job is always done online on their website at http://www.dmo.gov.ng/.
Please, visit the agency’s official website to apply for this job or for further details on the job.
Searches related to Debt Management Office recruitment
- domestic debt management
- public debt management in Nigeria
- fgn bonds
- nigeria domestic debt
- nigerian total debt
- nigeria total debt
- nigerian public debt
- federal government recruitment
- latest job in nigeria for fresh graduate
- federal government recruitment of teachers
- vacancies in inecnigeria
- fgn bonds 2019
- debt management office annual report
- ekiti state debt profile
- debt management in nigeriapdf
- nigeria debt stock
- what are the objectives of debt management
- federal fire service (ffs)
- nigeria recruitment nairaland
How To Start Cinema Business In Nigeria
How to Invest in Cinema Business
This article will provide the needed and necessary information on how to start up a cinema business in Nigeria. It is necessary because cinema provides a means of comfort to all people of different class.
Definition Of A Cinema
A cinema is simply defined as a place of relaxation. It is a place where movies or films. This movies displayed are for entertainment purposes and you are charged for each movie seen. Cinemas have improved the businesses of people as you cannot see a movie without having at least popcorn or an Ice Cream in your hands.
This article will therefore talk on you can start up a cinema business and be successful with it.
- You Must Conduct Personal Research
You should know that you are starting a business you know nothing about so you should not think of making money immediately. You need to meet people that have been in the business for long and are successful. You also need to meet with experts in event planning, studio recording and decorators as there they are the ones to tell you where the right place to set up your business, the cost and the design. These people can help you set up your cinema outfit.
- Make A Tour Around
This is simply visiting other established cinemas. From the visit you will make, you will be able to know how a cinema operates, the risks involved and how to avoid them.
- Get Products Authorization Or Franchise
After setting up your cinema business, it should be noted that it is not compulsory to sell the products of other people. You will benefit a lot from it on the long run.
- You Must Be Competent and Qualified
In order to run a successful cinema business it is important to be trained. This training can be done in business schools as you will learn how to manage tickets sold out for movies and cinematography.
- Reach out To Movie Dealers And Distributors
It is of high importance to get in contact with the people that deal on movies; most importantly the most sought after and highly anticipated ones. This will make your cinema spot attractive as you have what the people are looking for Admission form.
- Space And Arena
Nigeria is a place that when establishing a business you must have a large expanse of land or a big space. In the cinema business, you need to have space big enough to house your equipment’s and tools.
Related Post: How To Start Cement Distribution Business In Nigeria
- Get Good Cinema Facilities And Equipment
The look and decoration of your cinema will determine if customers will come. Therefore it is important to have the latest gadgets and equipment to keep your business growing.
- Always Set In An Income Alternative
This simply means that you are not to fully depend on the income made from cinema as it can fail you at any time. Therefore it is important to have a second choice of income. This can be in form of having a little restaurant, selling popcorns etc.
- Get A Good Advertisement Avenue
It is important and necessary to let people know about what you are doing. You can get to make people know about your cinema business by advertising. Advertisement can be done through newspaper, fliers, television, radio and the internet.
Hindrances To A Good Cinema Business
- Insufficient Funds
A good cinema business needs adequate funds to operate without problems.
- Negative Attitude And Mentality
Having a negative mindset is not the best thing as you begin to doubt yourself. As it is said “what you confess is what you possess” therefore be positive and always believe in yourself.
- Economic Problem
As it was earlier discussed, your location determines the growth of your business. If it is situated in a region where diseases are rampant or have continuous security challenges you are bound to lose customers.
- Moral Behaviors
As a seasoned business person you are, it is important to guard against extra moral behaviors like drinking, smoking, sex acts etc. Your establishment can be brought down by government authorities it they get to discover things like this are happening in your business.
Related Post: Top 12 Careers for the Future
- Lack of Commitment
Generally speaking now, it is very important to put God first in everything we do. Your business is bound to fail if God is not involved.
The article above has been able to show you the step on how to successfully establish a cinema business this is a summary of everything discussed.
- You must conduct personal research.
- Make a tour around.
- Get products authorization or franchise.
- You must be competent and qualified
- Reach out to movie dealers and distributors.
- Space and arena.
- Get good cinema facilities and equipment.
- Always set in an income alternative.
- Get a good advertisement avenue.
How to Build Powerful Customer Service In Business Enterprise
6 Ways to Improve Customer Service in the Workplace
The desire to have a good relationship with your clients cannot be overemphasized. As it is known, without clients there is no business. Indeed, your customers are constantly right; believe it or not. A business cannot be established or grow when customers or clients are unhappy. In order for your business to grow your customers must be happy. That is why this article is written to provide an explanation on the seven sensible approaches through which you can have an amiable relationship with your customers and clients
Client Retention And Business Growth
There’s one factor we need to recognize about the consumer and this is the idea of consumer retention. This is of high significance in nearly all business ventures. It revolves across the provision of excessive best services and the upkeep of exact relationship along with your clients and consumers.
Related Post: How to Start Ginger Exportation business in Nigeria
In other words, if you want to continue keeping clients, then your commodity and service must be attractive and exceptional and there must be an amazing relationship among you and your consumers. This is the communication flow which must not be damaged. Customers and clients in addition to staff and top level managers must be aware of the whole things that are happening because it is important.
While you work hand in hand with the rules and regulation of client retention in commercial enterprise, you are beating the competitors within the business; out of your competitors and making sure that there is a non-stop flow of capital in your business for the growth of your business enterprise. That is because after you lose your customers, your competitors make profits. So, how do you keep a good customer relationship along with your clients and consumers?
How To Keep A Good Client Relationship With Your Clients And Consumers
Apart from providing high quality goods and services and attractive in precise conversation together with your clients, does it mean there are no other methods to build an extended-lasting relationship with your clients? Don’t be amazed, there are. We have numerous methods and exact aspects you need to have a long–lasting business-client relationship. I am hoping you gain from them and start moving up to your enterprising dreams.
- Understand Your Customer First
You cannot build a functional relationship with someone you do not know or understand. If you must offer a customer the best of goods and services, you must know who the person is first. You need to know a few things about the custom like where they come from, the kind of work they do, what they like and what they dislike, what they feel about your business and how they can also contribute to making your business great. It is high time you started addressing your customer with sweet names instead of just calling them “customer”. If you know them by name, it will be easier to be a bit cordial with them in your business transactions. Customers like to be addressed by name. They love it.
Having an idea of the marital status of your customers is also important. Also, ask about the welfare of their spouse and send them greeting cards. Also, ask about their state of health. That will prove to them that you love them and that you care about them, and not just after getting their money.
- Have In Memory Their Normal Requests And Specifications
Every customer is peculiar in his or her own way. Also two customers cannot be identical nor have equal type of need because everybody does not like the same thing. Take into consideration, imagine that the next time your consumer walks in, rather than asking the customer what he/she wants, you simply say, “Madam or sir, can I get you your normal?”
See Also: Top 12 Careers for the Future
This tells the consumer that you recognize his/her specific and regular requests. If the client orders for something special do well to offer him or her exactly what is needed and on time. That is a super way of growing top consumer relationship in your business.
- Offer Freebies From Time To Time
It is necessary to once in a while provide some freebies. This is an excellent way of attracting both new and already existing customers to patronize your business. It symbolizes care and love even though it is an oblique request for more customers into your business. You could constantly give out freebies which include gifts, run promos sales and provide bonanzas. Additionally, you could provide quality discounts and surprises to your dedicated customers.
- Leverage On Consumer Criticisms
You can take your business to your desired level by means of leveraging on the customer grievance and feedbacks. You ought to get hold of this in a proper way as they speak exactly what the customer thinks and what they think about your product. Never turn down the complaint whether they are good or bad feedbacks.
Devise a way of improving upon your services anytime you get such from your clients. It is an incredible chance for you to realize where your business is lacking and the way to improve on it.
Taking the advice of your customers as a priority is a way of showing that you care for them and their desires. Your clients can be more than glad to recognize that their feedbacks were accurately noted.
- Never Allow Preferential Treatments
It is highly offensive to offer preferential treatments at the place of work. It will make the customers think that they are not as good as every other customer. To reduce negative complaint from your customers, it is recommended by no means to engage in any form of preferential treatment or favoritism amongst customers that one is preferred above the other for any reason.
Such treatment is far against the norms of business to select out a consumer and favor such mainly in the presence of others who were there before him or her. It is far stressful; in preference to doing that, look out for a way of entertaining your customers as they wait to take their turns. Put up a TV set somewhere in the business premises and offer sufficient seats in which your customers can sit down as they are waiting for their turn.
- Respond Quickly and Don’t Forget To Say Thank You
It should be known that it may not be possible to send an immediate response to every electronic mail and phone call or text messages you obtain from the consumer. It is encouraged, however, that you attend to such as quickly as possible. You could usually give immediate computerized replies pending the real solutions
It does not matter the condition you are in; try as much as possible to make sure that the responses are quick and at the right time. Usually say thank you at the close of each transaction. It shows that you care about your consumer.
How To Start a Gemstone Business in Nigeria
The Basic Principles to a Successful Gemstone Business in Nigeria
Several questions arises from doing gemstone business because a lot of people are new to this business (just entering the market) while some others are just reading about it for the first time.
It is a known fact that one of the best sectors for business is the mineral sector and it has been identified that Nigeria is blessed with lots of mineral resources and about 35 mineral deposits have been discovered in the nation. Nigeria is a country blessed with unique kinds of diamonds such as topaz sapphire with a large market out there demanding for these minerals.
What is Gemstone and its Physical Properties
A gemstone is a kind of attractive mineral but after being polished and cut is traditionally used to make jewelry or other adornments.
Some physical properties of Gemstone which distinguishes the mineral include its lustre, although most of them are tough. Rarity is another attribute that brings value.
Stone according to this is valued dependent on not the amount available but also from what is called the 4C which is interpreted as Clarity, Cut, Carat Weight and Colour.
Colour: Color is an important element for gemstones as there is no stone without color. If the color of a stone varies from this variety either being darker or lighter, more vibrant or less, it becomes less precious the stone will be. Colour generally consist of three dimensions: hue, tone, and saturation.
Hue is the belief of color noticed like yellow, red or blue.
Tone defines the degree of darkness or lightness of an item.
Saturation defines the level of purity of a colour.
Cut: This is the design or shape of a stone in addition to the accuracy of the proportions of the stone and complete. The cut reveals a gem’s beauty.
Gemstones are usually cut into shapes. Furthermore, they are fashioned or are sometimes carved into different designs. In the Cut property of Gemstones, there are two other sub-properties namely Proportion and End, respectively.
See also: How to Start Diesel Business in Nigeria
Proportions involves appeal and the equilibrium of the design. End identifies the detail of this workmanship. A cut will demonstrate the optical properties of a stone. While all other variables are even in terms of (colour, clarity, and carat weight), a more better-cut gem will increasingly be valuable.
How To Begin a Gemstone Business
Possessing a broad assortment of diamonds is vital. Mostly when having a target on diamonds or jewelry, you should be be able to purchase gemstone beads and carve one off designer beads which are in hot demand. One of the ways to build a long-lasting confidence in the heart of your buyers would be to get a huge choice of gemstones. Through the means of a gem testing lab like the GIA, where you will be able to test these diamonds and include a certificate. It will make your buyers to make decisions even as they build trust in your business.
Strategize On Methods of Targeting and Attracting Buyers
When starting out, necessary precautions needs to be taken but the first step to take when starting the business to attract buyers is start for pleasure, majorly as a hobby and also note that you can avoid mistakes only if the precautions are adhered to. Try out your ideas for beginning. Although there’s a need to do some market research too but ensure that your goods are much better than what others are offering.
Try to Build That Trust
One thing about Gemstone business, is that it needs lots of trust and confidence from both the parties (seller and the buyer). When you are enthusiastic about the business, your clients will have confidence to buy from you.
Invest Your Time and Money
You also have to give it your all, invest your time to the business. In this business, the most important thing to do is to invest large quantity of money. Gemstones are costly, and sapphires and the diamonds are the most of all stones.
Have an Escort Especially One Who Knows the Market while Purchasing
It is advised that while trying to source for the product, that you visit the market with someone who knows the market well, especially someone who knows the in-and-out of Gemstone business so that your trade will be worth your cash. You will also find several stores offering the products online and off the streets. For drop-shipping, the shipping expenses will be added. In all these, always try to check up first with someone who has knowledge of the business.
Make A Choice Of What Sort Of Gemstones You Would Like To Market
Before buying a gemstones, you need to decide what sort of gems that you would like to market. Decide if you will establish the market of genstones in retail marketplace or at wholesale. There will be a need to use a cutter to cut the stone if you would like to make the stones in various forms and quality to the market, putting more money into your pockets by selling cut gemstones.
Make More Money Selling Cut Gemstones
By improving the marketplace and making more money, one thing which you would do is to buy a machinery and you probably would have to employ a gemstone cutter the capital you will require will probably be greater. Be assertive that you buy exactly what you would need.
In situations where cut stones will be sold by you, it’s compulsory that you get a gemstone cutter. The cutting of this product can add to the cost and increase to several thousands of dollars.
According to experts, in cutting stones such as diamonds and sapphires in respect to gemstones you would have to pay great rapt attention. This obviously means that the purchase price of the jewelry or the diamond is dependent upon how it’s cut. Which is the main reason why having good knowledge of cutting gemstones is significant to your success in the business.
Strategize and Re-strategize on Your Sales Options
After all been said, you need to identify buyers or potential buyers who may be interested. You may be able to sell your items on the internet or also off the streets. Major investors can be your customers especially for those who like to collect precious things You’ll have the ability to cater for their needs by identifying your target clients. You would need to survey the market for more opportunities in the gemstone business. Produce the quality, quantity of the gemstones in addition to the cost for affordable to everyone. You have the opportunity to promote your business to more clients by promoting your products online. With that, you can have the opportunity to make even more money.
In the Nigerian marketplace, gemstones are very precious but the current market is saturated and will take up as much volume of the product without having any effect on the purchase price against supply. The higher the quantity available, the better your bargaining power.
The price of gemstones can increase by 10 percent to 15 percent once the item is cut.
At this juncture, you must be aware that gemstone export has been a recurring event and just a few people are profiting from it due to lack of information.
How to Get a Job in National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT)
How to Get Job in Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET)
How to Get a Job in Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR)
How to Get a Job in Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR)
How to Get a Job in Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIMBank)
How to Get a Job in Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC)
How to Get a Job in Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
How to Get a Job in Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA)
How To Start Cinema Business In Nigeria
How to Build Powerful Customer Service In Business Enterprise
Business Ideas5 months ago
How To Get Loans In Nigeria – With and Without Collateral
Career Tips6 months ago
4 Excuses Poor People Give Which You Must Avoid
Entrepreneurship6 months ago
Top 5 Secrets to Become Financially Independent
Business Ideas2 months ago
How To Start Cinema Business In Nigeria
Business Ideas6 months ago
9 Most Profitable Skills for Young Entrepreneurs
Career Tips6 months ago
7 Mindsets of Successful People Which You Must Cultivate
Business Ideas6 months ago
How to Boost Sales in Your Business
Business Ideas6 months ago
11 Ways To Build A Profitable Business In Nigeria